Effective Date: August 1st, 2022
Personal Information Prophet collects personally identifiable information from You, which may include Your first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, last four digits of Your social security number, credit or debit card information, address, state, cell phone number, the type of bettor You are, previous transactional history and any other information You may provide to Us when You contact Us via the Service’s “Contact” page. This information is collected and stored electronically when You register an account with Us or when You contact Us via the Service’s “Contact” page.
Information Collected Automatically In addition, information about Your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by Prophet when You use the Service. This information may include: Your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, geographic location, mobile device identifier, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how You interact with the Service. This information is used by Us for Our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Service, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Service.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to Your computer when You visit a website or use an online service. When You visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize Your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once You close Your browser or once Your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on Your device for much longer or until You or Your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Service.
How Information is Used
We may use the information We collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Service to You and to improve the Service;
- to operate, improve, and personalize the services We offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with Us;
- to provide You with information about specific markets or sports that We think may be of interest to You;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Service;
- to ensure compliance with Our legal obligations, including those set forth by gaming regulators;
- to verify that You are at least 21 years old;
- to verify that You reside in the state in which we are providing the Service;
- to fulfil Your requests, including those related to wager placement and cancellation; and
- to communicate with You.
Sharing of Information
- Only employees licensed in New Jersey by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement and working directly from our New Jersey office located in Hoboken, NJ have access to Your information.
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share Your personal information with Our service providers to perform the functions for which We engage them. For example, We may use third parties to host the Service or assist Us in providing functionality on the Service, provide data analysis on the Service, verify that You are at least 21 years old, send out email updates about the Service and to process payments for the purposes of placing wagers.
- With Business Partners. We share Your personal information with businesses, who, pursuant to an agreement, hold our sports wagering license for the state you reside in, to comply with regulatory requirements. For instance, if you reside in New Jersey or Indiana, we share your personal information with Boardwalk Regency LLC d/b/a Caesars Atlantic City.
- For Legal Purposes. We may share information that We collect from users as needed to enforce Our rights, protect Our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information to regulators, such as the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement and the Indiana Gaming Commission to comply with Our legal obligations under gaming licensing guidelines. We will further disclose personal information as We deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages We may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer or assign information, including Your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, liquidation, change in control or other sale by or of Us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Prophet does not share Your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Security Used Prophet uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Service and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information, however, We will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that You provide through the Service that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. It is Your responsibility to protect the security of Your login information.
Do Not Track Our Service does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that You can set in Your web browser to indicate that You do not want certain information about Your webpage visits collected across websites when You have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Children We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of 21. No parts of Our Service are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of 21.
Please sign in to leave a comment.